- Beans and Legumes
- Condiments, Dressings, and Sauces
- Cookies, Cakes, and Pies
- Fruits and Berries
- Gluten Free
- Grains and Rice
- Meat and Poultry
- Preserves and Pickles
- Wild Foods
Enjoy this meal outside on a warm summer evening. Try substituting the salmon with a different fish, such as halibut, or your favorite summer vegetables. Kids can help put together their own personal packets.
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 small shallots, finely chopped
1/2 cup dry couscous
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
4 skinless wild salmon fillets (5-6 oz each)
Kosher salt and finely ground black pepper
4 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Combine tomatoes, zucchini, pepper, shallots, couscous, garlic, salt, 1 tsp coriander and cayenne in a large bowl. Stir in wine and broth. Fold four 28-inch pieces of aluminum foil in half. Place one-fourth of the mixture, including liquid, in the center of each piece of foil.
3. Season salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, and remaining coriander. Top couscous and vegetables in each packet with a fillet. Bring opposite sides of foil together over center of food and fold over 1 inch. Continue to fold over until foil is flat against food and tightly sealed. Flatten the ends of the packets and roll to the center to completely enclose.
4. Place packets directly over heat, cover and grill for 15 minutes. In the meantime, combine scallions, basil and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl for garnish. Remove packets and carefully open to allow steam to escape. Spoon garnish over the four fillets and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe by Caroline Ford, cook, Higgins Restaurant
Photo by Leah Harb